Last updated: May 24, 2018
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through aspen-studio.com.
Account and Profile Information: When you sign up for our email campaign on aspen-studio.com, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting.
Your Content: We collect and store the information and content that you post to aspen-studio.com, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through aspen-studio.com, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Aspen-studio.com cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on aspen-studio.com, as well as on third party sites and services that have embedded our Aspen-studio.com pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about Aspen-studio.com Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on aspen-studio.com to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Aspen-studio.com uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on aspen-studio.com, communicate with you about your use of aspen-studio.com, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in aspen-studio.com, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using aspen-studio.com.
- To display interest-based advertising to you in aspen-studio.com, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below about Aspen-studio.com Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use aspen-studio.com; to evaluate and improve aspen-studio.com, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Aspen-studio.com, its users, or others.
Your Content and Activity. Your Content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of aspen-studio.com and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share Your Content across other sites or services. In addition, Your Content may be indexed by search engines. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Metrics. We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in aspen-studio.com such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on aspen-studio.com in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use aspen-studio.com, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of aspen-studio.com and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools.We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within aspen-studio.com in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third-parties as discussed in the Aspen-studio.com Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by Aspen-studio.com Pixels, as described below in Aspen-studio.com Ads and Personalization.
Aspen-studio.com Ads and Personalization
We may display personalized content (including from third party publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via aspen-studio.com, and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to users of our Ad Services and to publishers of content on aspen-studio.com.
Users of our Ad Services may also provide us with information as part of their ad campaigns, including customer list information (e.g., email addresses and demographic or interest data) with us in order to create customized audiences for their ad campaigns; we only use this information to facilitate the particular user’s campaign (including ad metrics and reporting to that user) or for fraud detection and security purposes; and we do not disclose this information to third parties (other than our service providers) unless required by law. We also do not disclose to the users of our Ad Services the names or identities of their customers that were successfully reached as part of such campaigns.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Aspen-studio.com has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using aspen-studio.com on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through aspen-studio.com, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within aspen-studio.com about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Emails and Communications. When you join aspen-studio.com by signing up for aspen-studio emails, as part of the service, you will receive the Aspen-studio.com email containing content that we believe may match your interests.
Pixels Opting out of Pixels tracking may impact our ability to personalize ads and content tailored to your interests. This setting is tied to your cookies will only be effective on the browser for which you have performed the opt-out.
Third Party Ad Networks
For information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks, go to:
- S.: www.aboutads.infoInternet Advertising Bureau
- Canada: youradchoices.ca
- European Union: youronlinechoices.eu/
Linked Networks. You may connect or disconnect your Linked Networks, such as Facebook, through the Account Settings tab in your profile settings, and you may access, amend and delete much of your profile information through your profile settings. Once you disconnect a Linked Network, we will not receive information from that Linked Network going forward; unless you choose to reconnect it. You may also control whether the Linked Network is visible in your profile.
Transferring Your Data
Aspen-studio.com is headquartered in the United States. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com.